To sum up, do not invest in ELSS if:
- You want guaranteed returns
- You have a conservative risk profile
- You want high immediate liquidity
- Your investment time horizon is less than 5 years
- You are in your post-retirement and want liquidity.
- You are investing in ELSS at the very end of the financial year.
Here is the list of the Best ELSS funds in India for 2020-2021:
|Best ELSS Funds||RankMF Rating||1 Year||3 Years||5 Years||Since Inception|
|Axis Long Term Equity Fund||5 Star||3.04%||7.94%||10.83%||16.07%|
|Canara Robeco Equity Tax Saver Fund||4 Star||13.85%||9.58%||11.23%||18.45%|
|Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief ’96 Fund||4 Star||1.69%||1.73%||8.95%||9.83%|
|UTI Long Term Equity Fund||4 Star||7.35%||3.28%||8.34%||10.29%|
|Kotak Tax Saver Fund||4 Star||4.57%||3.87%||9.57%||10.97%|