As per NSE’s recent circular, it is mandatory for all stock trading and investment platforms to enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). The deadline to set up 2FA is September 30, 2022. Thus, along with a password, now all trading accounts access must be secured with an additional authentication factor such as a Time-based OTP or device lock such as fingerprint, face ID, and device PIN/pattern.
To comply with this regulatory requirement and to have a hassle-free and super fast login, we have introduced a code-based login for StockNote Web. All you will need to login to Stocknote Web is an active StockNote App session.
What is the procedure to be followed to login to StockNote Web using the code?
Here is the step-by-step procedure laid out for you.
1. Go to https://web.stocknote.com on your browser. You will see that you are required to enter a 8-digit code.
2. Now, go to the “Account” section of your Stock Note App.
3. Tap on “Login to StockNote Web” which is placed right above the Settings button. On tapping this, you will be able to see a 8-digit alphanumeric code.
4. Enter this code on StockNote Web and your super fast login is done!
You will not need any other OTP to login into StockNote Web. The unique code generated on StockNote App works like a time based OTP and will be valid for 2 minutes.
Is there any other alternative to login if I do not intend to use the App based code?
Yes. To provide you with a seamless experience, we have also enabled SMS/e-mail OTP based login as well. For login using this alternative, you are required to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Click on “Login Using SMS/e-mail OTP” on the StockNote Web Login page
- Enter your User ID, password and year of birth.
- Click on “Generate OTP”
- Enter the OTP received on you registered mobile no / e-mail and done!!