As per NSE’s recent circular, it is mandatory for all stock trading and investment platforms to enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). The deadline to set up 2FA is September 30, 2022. Thus, along with a password, now all trading accounts access must be secured with an additional authentication factor such as a Time-based OTP or device lock such as fingerprint, face ID, and device PIN/pattern.
To comply with this regulatory requirement and to have a hassle-free and super-fast login, we have introduced a code-based login for Samco Web. All you will need to log in to Samco Web is an active Samco App session.
What is the procedure to be followed to login to Samco Web using the code?
Here is the step-by-step procedure laid out for you.
1. Go to web.samco.in on your browser. You will see that you are required to enter an 8-digit code.
2. Now, go to the “Account” section of your Samco App.
3. Tap on “Login to Samco Web” which is placed right above the Settings button. On tapping this, you will be able to see a 8-digit alphanumeric code.
4. Enter this code on Samco Web and your super fast login is done!
You will not need any other OTP to login into Samco Web. The unique code generated on Samco App works like a time based OTP and will be valid for 2 minutes.
Is there any other alternative to login if I do not intend to use the App based code?
Yes. To provide you with a seamless experience, we have also enabled SMS/e-mail OTP-based login as well. To login using this alternative, you are required to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Click on “Login Using SMS/e-mail OTP” on the Samco Web Login page
- Enter your User ID, password and year of birth.
- Click on “Generate OTP”
- Enter the OTP received on you registered mobile no/e-mail and done!!
Check our video for more information