There are many investors who buy stocks after seeing the dividend history as
i) Dividend are tax free in India.
ii) Also, it is an additional source of money apart from value appreciation of the stock in consideration.
Following list present the best dividend paying stocks in India. While preparing the list following criteria were put on to filter the top dividend paying stocks over the years.
Criterion to create the best dividend paying stocks in India:
Any stock got featured in the list only when it satisfied all the following criteria.
- Dividend yield is more than 5%
- Average 5 years dividend is greater than zero
- Dividend last year is greater than average 5 years dividend given by the company in consideration
- Profit after tax is greater than the 80% of the net profit of last year
- Dividend last year given by the company is more than .35
- Either the profit growth of the company for the 3 years is greater than by 10% or the profit growth of the company for the 5 years is greater than by 10% or the profit growth of the company for the 7 years is greater than by 10%
List of best dividend paying stocks in India
|S.No.||Name||CMP Rs.||P/E||Mar Cap Rs. Cr||Div Yld %|
Also read the article highlighting the 30 Highest Dividend Paying Stocks in India
For more useful articles on https://www.samco.in/knowledge-center/articles/highest-dividend-paying-stocks-in-india-2018/trading, investing and market knowledge, visit our Knowledge Center section.
(Note: The above list is for information purpose only. Avoid trading and investing based on the information given above. Before investing in stocks do due diligence.)