What is a Drone?A drone is an unmanned vehicle which looks like a mini aircraft. They are also known as unmanned ariel vehicles (UAVs). It is a small robot-like structure which is controlled by a remote. It is designed to carry tasks which makes our lives simpler. So, a drone can do simple tasks like dropping groceries to your doorstep or ultra-dangerous tasks like scanning danger zones near an active volcano. Because drones have such unique abilities, companies like Zomato, Swiggy and Amazon are looking to increase efficiency by delivering products with the help of drones. Let’s look at a few common uses of drones.
Uses of Drones
Filming and Journalism
List of drone stocks listed on the Indian Stock ExchangesParas Defence and Space Technologies Ltd recently got listed on the Indian stock exchanges. The company is primarily engaged in the designing, developing, manufacturing and testing of a variety of defence and space engineering products. The company works in three major segments.
- Defence & Space Optics
- Defence Electronics
- Heavy Engineering and Electromagnetic Pulse Protection Solutions.
|Market Cap (Cr): Rs. 2,740 Cr.||Face Value: Rs. 10||EPS: Rs. 5.05|
|Book Value: Rs. 92.1||Roce (%): 11.9||Debt to Equity: 0.29|
|Stock PE: 182||ROE (%): 7.93||Dividend Yield (%): 0|
|Total Debt (Cr): Rs. 102||Earnings (Cr): 43||Promoter’s Holdings (%): 0|
|Market Cap (Cr): Rs. 56,097||Face Value: Rs. 10||EPS: Rs. 108|
|Book Value: Rs. 493||Roce (%): 26.2||Debt to Equity: 0.00|
|Stock P/E: 15.6||ROE (%): 22.6||Dividend Yield (%): : 2.36|
|Total Debt (Cr): Rs. 6.31||Earnings (Cr): Rs. 4,767||Promoter’s Holdings (%): 75.15|
- Hexacopter with a single payload
- Fragmentation warhead
- Hexacopter with 4 explosive payloads
|Market Cap (Cr): Rs. 27,084||Face Value: Rs. 2||EPS: Rs. 40.27|
|Book Value: Rs. 187||Roce (%): 19.8||Debt to Equity: 0.54|
|Stock PE: 57.3||ROE (%): 18.6||Dividend Yield (%): 0.26|
|Total Debt (Cr): Rs. 900||Earnings (Cr): Rs. 649||Promoter’s Holdings (%): 73.2|
|Market Cap (Cr): Rs. 68,210||Face Value: Rs. 1||EPS: Rs. -3,722|
|Book Value: Rs.21||Roce (%): -11.9||Debt to Equity: 0.00|
|Stock PE: 0||ROE (%): -8.67||Dividend Yield (%): 0|
|Total Debt (Cr): Rs. 114||Earnings (Cr): Rs. -334||Promoter’s Holdings (%): 0|
|Market Cap (Cr): Rs. 1,640||Face Value: Rs. 1||EPS: Rs. 0.32|
|Book Value: Rs. 26.8||Roce (%):3.27||Debt to Equity: 0.01|
|Stock PE: 679||ROE (%):2.01||Dividend Yield (%): 0.05|
|Total Debt (Cr): Rs. 0.41||Earnings (Cr): Rs. 19||Promoter’s Holdings (%): 60.2|
|Market Cap (Cr): Rs. 7644||Face Value: Rs. 2||EPS: Rs. -0.04|
|Book Value: Rs. 0.57||Roce (%): -1.45||Debt to Equity: 0.25|
|Stock PE: 0||ROE (%): -1.5||Dividend Yield (%): 0|
|Revenue (Cr): NA||Earnings (Cr): Rs. -159||Cash (Cr): Rs. 0.16|
|Total Debt (Cr): Rs. 20||Promoter’s Holdings (%): 74.75|
- Naukri.com which offers online recruitment services.
- 99acres.com which lists real estate on their platform.
- Jeevansathi.com is an online matrimonial website.
- Shiksha.com provides information regarding online education.
- It holds 15.23% stake in Zomato as well.
|Market Cap (Cr): Rs. 69,736||Face Value: Rs. 10||EPS: Rs. 660.8|
|Book Value: Rs. 1,501||Roce (%): 3.67||Debt to Equity: 0.00|
|Stock PE: 8.57||ROE (%): 3.06||Dividend Yield (%): 0.15|
|Revenue (Cr): Rs. 1,209||Earnings (Cr): Rs. -35||Cash (Cr): Rs. 151|
|Total Debt (Cr): Rs. 56||Promoter’s Holdings (%): 38.47|
|Market Cap (Cr): Rs. 15,502||Face Value: Rs. 2||EPS: Rs. 51.39|
|Book Value: Rs. 314||Roce (%): 16.3||Debt to Equity: 0.29|
|Stock PE: 19.3||ROE (%): 15.3||Dividend Yield (%): 0.94|
|Revenue (Cr): Rs. 8,071||Earnings (Cr): Rs. 1,019||Cash (Cr): Rs. 2,111|
|Total Debt (Cr): Rs. 1,401||Promoter’s Holdings (%): 66.53|
Startups involved in drone technology
How Revised Drone Rules in India can take Drone Stocks to a New Height?On 27th August 2021, new drone rules were introduced post which we saw a huge hike in the stock prices of companies like Zen Technologies. The stock price was trading at Rs. 83.10 on 26th August 2021. Post the issue of new drone rules, we could see a bullish rally till 14th September. The stock touched a record high of Rs. 226.10. This was a bullish rally of straight 232%. So, what news made the stock price hike so much. Let’s explore.
- Every individual or company has to register themselves on the digital sky platform before using drones.
- When you register on the digital sky platform, the map will display three zones.
- Furthermore, the government has liberalised rules for these zones too. Previously, the yellow zone, which was earlier a 45 km zone from the airport perimeter, has now been reduced to a 12 km zone. So, outside a 12 km radius of an airport, it is a green zone. Here the operators do not need to seek permission to fly drones.
- Previously drones had restricted use. But the updated rules state that drones could now be used for various purposes including non-commercial use. So, you don’t need any security clearance to operate drones.
- Earlier, submitting a security clearance was mandatory which is now removed.
- Previously foreign ownership was not allowed. This rule has also been revised.