This article explains the process of how to apply for IPO through ASBA using ICICI Bank.
With the Net Banking Option, even the physical form is also not required and an online IPO application can be done without any wet signature and completely online. Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has notified a list of banks through which online IPO can be applied which are known as SCSBs (Self Certified Syndicate Banks).
For applying for an online IPO using ICICI Bank an Investor has to follow the following steps:
- Login to your Net Banking Page
- Now Click on “Investments and Insurance” & Select “Invest Online”
- Click “Invest in IPO Option”.
- Check the Account number and click on Submit
- You will see your Details. In customer name remove “Mr.” or any other words before your name. Tick on “I accept & agree to the Terms & Conditions” & Click on Submit.
- After this, you will need to enter the numbers corresponding to the alphabets on the back of your debit card & enter the OTP received on your mobile number and click on Submit.
- Now Select the IPO you wish to apply and click on Go.
- Depository Details – Select Depository as CDSL. SAMCO is a Depository Participant (DP) with CDSL. Enter DP Name as SAMCO. Enter your 16 digit Beneficiary Account Number.You can get the demat account number from SAMCO Star. After Login, on top-right corner, click on the dropdown with the client’s name on it & select “My Profile” as shown below:
- Please enter “SAMCO Securities Limited” for DP Name, and your own name in case of “Beneficiary ID”.
Alternatively, the DP ID can also be taken from the transaction cum holding statement sent via mail by SAMCO.
- Click on Place Order and Fill the All the details and then Press on Submit button.
Watch this videos to understand what is IPO and ASBA