In this article, we will explore
- What Steps Should You Take to Perform Portfolio Analysis?
- Important Tips to Track Your Portfolio
- Important Metrics to Analyse Portfolio Performance
- What Should be the Monitoring Frequency?
- How Samco Will Help You Ace the Index?
What Steps Should You Take to Perform Portfolio Analysis?Consider following these steps to check how your investment is performing:
- Step 1: Have a Clear Idea about Your Financial Goals
- Step 2: Formulate a Deployment Strategy
- Step 3: Check Portfolio Performance Regularly and Make Changes
Important Tips to Track Your PortfolioBeginners may wonder why regular tracking/monitoring of stock market investments is needed in the first place. The answer to that is that monitoring portfolio performance is necessary to stay on track with your investment strategy. If the weightage of assets changes, you will buy/sell assets to readjust them.Here are some useful tips to track your portfolio:
- Know the latest news of a company
- Check its quarterly performance results
- Check the company’s credit rating
- Keep track of corporate announcements
- Make sure you know about shareholding pattern changes
Important Metrics to Analyse Portfolio PerformanceYou can use various financial metrics to evaluate the performance of your investment portfolio and its individual constituents. While the total returns remain an important metric, you need to take into account other metrics like the portfolio’s volatility and relative risks. Details are as follows:
What Should be the Monitoring Frequency?Often, people wonder how often they should check their portfolios. Many stock market participants check their portfolios frequently. But some experts believe that people should not analyse it at regular intervals to avoid worrying about short-term volatility and making frequent changes.Instead, you can consider evaluating your investments every 3 months. Many experts prefer a quarterly monitoring frequency because often, data gets updated quarterly. Regardless, you should pick a schedule or an asset allocation target to monitor and rebalance your portfolio.
How Samco Will Help You Ace the Index?Our mission is to help every retail investor access sophisticated financial technology with which they can outperform the market.Retail traders don’t have a way to track their performance or compare it to index returns. Many traders are not even aware of whether they are beating the index because they don't have access to a single platform offering mathematical and scientific calculators.With that in mind, we offer you the New-Gen Samco App which will help you track your portfolio returns and ace the index.
Samco’s MyIndex will help you to:
- Track your stock market performance
- With MyIndex, you can track your portfolio performance and ace the market index.
- Compare your portfolio performance
- You can compare your portfolio performance with that of others in the Samco community.
- Improve portfolio performance with AI-based recommendations
- Get AI-powered recommendations and personalised insights to improve your financial performance and outperform market indices.