In this article:
- Overview of the Indian real estate sector
- Real estate stocks listed on the Indian stock exchanges
- Alternative for investing in real estate stocks
Overview of the Indian Real Estate SectorThe real estate sector is one of the most popular sectors across the world. Even if you do not believe in investing, you would still plan to buy a house sooner or later in your life. So, almost every one of us plans to invest in the real estate sector at least once in our lifetime. And because of this never ending demand and limited supply, the prices of properties are touching new heights.Now remember, the real estate sector is not just limited to residential properties. It also includes hospitality and commercial spaces. So, 80% of the real estate sector developed in India consists of residential space and 20% includes offices, shopping malls, hotels and hospitals.The Indian real estate sector has seen high growth in recent times as the demand for office and residential spaces have spiked. Between January 2021 and September 2021, private equity investment inflows in India stood at US$ 3.3 billion. Not just that, the home sales volume across seven major cities in India surged 113% year on year (YoY) in the third quarter of 2021. There has also been an increase in inflow from Foreign Direct Investors (FDIs) by 7% on a YoY basis.So, it is safe to say that the Indian real estate sector is slowly picking up pace and might soon be one of the fastest-growing sectors in India.
Here is a list of all the real estate stocks listed in India
|Sr.No||Name||Current Market Price||52 week high||52 week low||Market capitalization in crores|
|2||Macrotech developers Ltd.||1,010||1,539||492||48,637|
|3||Godrej Properties Ltd||1590.55||2,598||1,200||44,204|
|4||Oberoi Realty Ltd||976.7||1,052||514||35,628|
|5||Prestige Estates Projects Ltd||493.4||555||260||19,762|
|6||Phoenix Mills Ltd||1043.7||1,200||672||18,627|
|7||Brigade Enterprises Ltd||480.5||555||231||11,093|
|8||Sunteck Realty Ltd||497.25||590||250||7,282|
|9||NBCC (India) Ltd||39.8||59.8||34.2||7,155|
|11||Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd||373.85||411||152||5,713|
|12||Indiabulls Real Estate Ltd||100.65||196||74.7||5,436|
|13||Dilip Buildcon Ltd||278||750||234||4,057|
|14||Ahluwalia Contracts India Ltd||505.1||563.6||280||3,379|
|16||Ganesh Housing Corporation Ltd||301.8||309||57.1||2,508|
|17||D B Realty Ltd||95||134||16.8||2,330|
|18||Kolte Patil Developers Ltd||297.3||360||206||2,274|
|19||PSP Projects Ltd||568.2||639||394||2,076|
|20||Anant Raj Ltd||62.15||86||47.85||1,835|
|22||Ashiana Housing Ltd||154.4||209.9||108.85||1,591|
|23||JMC Projects (India) Ltd||86.1||130||75||1,443|
|24||Ajmera Realty & Infra India Ltd||376.3||495||104.65||1,339|
|25||Arvind SmartSpaces Ltd||217.1||257.85||92.1||919|
|26||BIGBLOC Construction Ltd||120.3||131||15.5||856|
|27||Parsvnath Developers Ltd||18.2||27.2||7||779|
|28||Arihant Superstructures Ltd||156.05||204.5||52||641|
|29||Marathon Nextgen Realty Ltd||126.4||143||46.8||623|
|30||B.L.Kashyap & Sons Ltd||25.5||33||13.5||575|
|32||Jaypee Infratech Ltd||3.2||5.05||1.38||439|
|33||Prozone Intu Properties Ltd||28.15||56.4||15.4||427|
|34||Peninsula Land Ltd||13.5||19.4||6.61||371|
|35||Geecee Ventures Ltd||170.25||211||99.9||353|
|36||Ansal Properties & Infrastructure Ltd||19.05||20.9||5.35||297|
|38||Nila Infrastructures Ltd||7.35||10.6||4.1||284|
|39||Art Nirman Ltd||91.2||196||226|
|40||Pansari Developers Ltd||121||225||45||211|
|41||RPP Infra Projects Ltd||48.3||78.8||40||180|
|42||Poddar Housing & Development Ltd||248.95||313||139||164|
|43||PVP Ventures Ltd||6.6||10||4.18||159|
|44||Prajay Engineers Syndicate Ltd||20.15||31.5||7.5||147|
|45||TCI Developers Ltd||384.15||549||279||131|
|46||Landmark Property Development Company Ltd||8.35||17.9||1.86||112|
|47||Ansal Housing Ltd||8.1||8.25||7.7||46|
|48||Country Condos Ltd||5.75||8.74||1.99||44|
1. DLFDLF stands for Delhi Land and Finance Ltd. It is a leading real estate company in India. The company is involved in the development of offices, residential and retail properties. Not just that, it is also engaged in the business of leasing, generation of power, provision of maintenance services, hospitality and a lot more.Currently, the market cap of DLF Ltd. is Rs. 96,339 crores. This makes it the biggest company in the real estate sector as per market capitalisation. The company has been in this sector for over 75 years and has developed over 150 real estate projects covering a total area of 330+ million sq. ft.
Here are the key financials of DLF Ltd.
|Market Cap (Cr): Rs. 96,352 Cr.||Face Value: Rs. 2||EPS: Rs. 6.37|
|Book Value: Rs. 144||ROCE (%): 4.29 %||Debt to Equity: 0.16|
|Stock PE: 55.1||ROE (%): 3.13 %||Dividend Yield (%): 0.50 %|
|Total Debt (Cr): Rs. 5,736 Cr.||Promoter’s Holdings (%): 75.0 %|
- Lodha, CASA, Crown are for its affordable and mid-income housing projects.
- Lodha Luxury for its premium and luxury housing projects.
- iThink, Lodha Excelus, Lodha Supremus and Lodha Signet brands for its office spaces.
|Market Cap (Cr): Rs. 51,483 Cr.||Face Value: 10||EPS: Rs. 22.3|
|Book Value: Rs. 154||ROCE (%): 7.11 %||Debt to Equity: 2.05|
|Stock PE: 52.6||ROE (%): -16.5 %||Dividend Yield (%): 0|
|Total Debt (Cr): Rs. 15,191 Cr.||Promoter’s Holdings (%): 82.22|
|Market Cap (Cr): Rs. 44,970||Face Value: Rs. 5||EPS: Rs. -3.60|
|Book Value: Rs. 301||ROCE (%): 0.63 %||Debt to Equity: 0.57|
|Stock PE: 217||ROE (%): -3.38 %||Dividend Yield (%): 0.00 %|
|Total Debt (Cr): Rs. 4,799||Promoter’s Holdings (%): 58.43|
- 81% of revenue is generated from its residential projects such as Seven, Exquisite, Esquire and three sixty west.
- 16% of revenue is generated from rental income from investment properties like malls and commercial spaces.
- 4% of revenue is generated from hospitality and property management services like sale of rooms, food and beverages, etc.
|Market Cap (Cr): Rs. 36,124||Face Value: Rs. 10||EPS: Rs. 30.3|
|Book Value: Rs. 267||ROCE (%): 9.47 %||Debt to Equity: 0.22|
|Stock PE: 32.8||ROE (%): 8.18 %||Dividend Yield (%): 0|
|Total Debt (Cr): Rs. 2,094||Promoter’s Holdings (%): 67.70|
5. Prestige EstatePrestige Estates Ltd. was incorporated in 1997 and is one of the renowned businesses in the real estate space. Till date, the company has completed 120 residential projects, 112 office projects and 8 hospitality projects consisting of hotels, resorts and spas.Prestige estates generates 76% revenue from the real estate segment. 15% revenue is generated from leasing and subleasing business and the remaining 11% revenue is generated from offering services such as room rentals, food, beverages business etc.Not just that Prestige Office Ventures has acquired a 70% equity stake in Shipco Infrastructure Pvt Ltd which works into the logistics space.Here are the key financials of Prestige Estate Ltd.
|Market Cap (Cr): Rs. 19,660||Face Value: Rs. 10||EPS: Rs. 39|
|Book Value: Rs. 168||ROCE (%): 12.3%||Debt to Equity: 0.84|
|Stock PE: 45.9%||ROE (%): 6.49%||Dividend Yield (%): 0.30%|
|Total Debt (Cr): Rs. 5,648||Promoter’s Holdings (%):65.48|
|Market Cap (Cr): Rs. 18,153||Face Value: Rs. 2||EPS: Rs. 11.4|
|Book Value: Rs. 316||ROCE (%): 4.22 %||Debt to Equity: 0.69|
|Stock PE: 92.6||ROE (%):1.22 %||Dividend Yield (%): 0.10 %|
|Total Debt (Cr): Rs. 3,874||Promoter’s Holdings (%):47.34|